Republic of the Philippines
COMMISSION ON ELECTIONS
RESOLUTION No. 6563
IN THE MATTER OF AMENDING SECTION 14 AND 15 OF COMELEC RESOLUTION NO. 6453 ''GUIDELINES ON THE FILING OF CERTIFICATES OF CANDIDACY AND NOMINATION OF OFFICIAL CANDIDATES OF REGISTERED POLITICAL PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE MAY 10, 2004 NATIONAL AND LOCAL ELECTIONS''
Promulgated: 28 January 2004
In connection with the 10 May 2004 National and Local Elections, so as to minimize problems arising from the shortage of polling places and/or personnel to serve as members of the Board of Election Inspectors, all Election Officers are directed to merge or cluster established and to prepare the corresponding Project of Precincts, subject to the following guidelines:|avvphi1.nęt
1. That the precincts to be merged or clustered are contiguous and belong to the same barangay and the same polling center;
2. That the aggregate number of registered voters in the merged or clustered precincts shall not exceed three hundred (300) and that the number of precincts in each merged/cluster shall not be more than two (2);
3. That each merged/clustered precincts shall be assigned one (1) Board of Election Inspectors. Whenever two (2) precincts are merged/clustered, their individual precinct numbers and their respective Lists of Voters and Book of Voters shall be maintained separately. In no case shall the List of Voters and Book of Voters of the precincts in a cluster or group be consolidated or combined. Further, the ballots for the merged/clustered precincts shall be deposited in one (1) ballot box only;
4. That the number of original and spin off precincts included in the merger/cluster shall be indicated in the Merged Precinct number as written in CEF No. 3 (Poster Indicating Precinct Number). This is necessary to avoid confusion;
5. That the affected voters are notified of the location of their polling places; and|avvphďl.nęt
6. That the Election Officers shall prepare the ‘Project of Precincts for the 10 May 2004 Elections (After Merging/Clustering)’ and submit the same to the Election and Barangay Affairs Department, through their respective Provincial Election Supervisors, on or before 30 January 2004 as extended.
RESOLVED moreover, to insure compliance with the deadline for the submission of the Project of Precincts (After Grouping), the Regional Election Directors (REDs), Assistant Regional Election Directors (AREDs) and the Provincial Election Supervisors are hereby directed to supervise the merging/clustering process and shall be held directly responsible in the event of non-submission of the required Project of Precincts to EBAD.
Let the Election and Barangay Affairs Department implement this resolution.
|(Sgd.) BENJAMIN S. ABALOS, SR.|
|(Sgd.) LUZVIMINDA G. TANCANGCO|
|(Sgd.) RUFINO S.B. JAVIER|
|(Sgd.) RALPH C. LANTION|
|(Sgd.) MEHOL K. SADAIN|
|(Sgd.) RESURRECCION Z. BORRA|
|(O.B.) FLORENTINO A. TUASON, JR.
The Lawphil Project - Arellano Law Foundation